Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wise Words from David Foster

I am a happy subscriber to 'HELLO! Canada' magazine.  It's entertaining without being too trashy and I freely admit to enjoy reading about the many celebrities and royal families that reside in our world.  It is all pleasingly escapist and I apologize to no one for my weekly hit of pleasure.

In the context of the difficulties being experienced in my larger family, there is a line offered up by David Foster, the music producer, in my most recent edition (23 November 2009), which has played on me ever since first reading it.  It is as follows:

"When you have children, you are only as happy as your saddest child."

There is a strong ring of truth to this line.  I know that as a parent and step-parent, I am impacted by the physical, emotional, spiritual, social, academic and employment situations that my children find themselves in.  I ride up with them for the highs and down with them for the lows.  It gets tricky trying to balance one child's high while a sibling is experiencing a low - as many parents have surely experienced.

My thoughts are with my own mother at this time as she deals with situations impacting her children.  She is the one I am most concerned about, as are those who know her and love her.

Our hearts are so expanded by the children in our lives - for better or worse.

To your happiness!

Wondering Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment