Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wisdom?

Tonight was "Curriculum Night" in my little corner of the world.  I had the pleasure of spending an hour mixing and meeting with most of the parents of my kindergarten students and we are, on balance, a mutually happy group.

I feel as if I am finally hitting my stride as a teacher - earned by age, experience, and the confidence that comes with the aforementioned.  It's funny - I've also noticed that this is the point in my life where my grey hair is making itself strongly felt - even in my eyebrows.  Is there a connection?  Does your body send visual signals to indicate that it's time to embrace a sense of time-earned confidence and conviction?  It feels good to have finally reached a point in my life where the scale has tipped in favour of conviction over chronic self-doubt. 

Aren't we lucky as humans to be able to stand back, review where and who we've been and take stock of what we are becoming?  Let us all embrace age, wisdom, experience and greying hair.  These truly are the things that money can't buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment