Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Nine"

I went with my family to see the movie "Nine" this evening.  It is very wow!  I left the theatre envying my children for being half Italian.  It is all very chic, very groovy, very risque. 

The women lucky enough to star in the movie are all fantastic, without exception:  Sophia Loren, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz (my husband's personal favourite...), Judy Dench, Fergie, and Marion Cotillard.  They are beautiful, seductive and powerful, each in her own way.  Daniel Day-Lewis is similarly amazing.  I watched the movie with a sense of envy at the thought of how much fun it would have been to have been a part of it.

"Nine" is beautiful to watch - courtesy of the sets, the lighting, the actors, Italy itself.  What pleased me most, however, was the fact that the women on screen were able to deliver crows' feet, laugh lines, chicken pox scars, curves and solid flesh.  In other words, they were real, they were talented, and they were above and beyond the need to make us think that they are actually younger than they are.  They possess voices that sing, bodies that dance, personalities that shine, and a strength of being that is so admirable. 

It is always fun to be transported by a film; to have a couple of hours away from one's own life.  This is a movie that I would watch again.  Who needs a ten when "Nine" is so very fine?

Wondering what it would be like to be in a beautiful movie some day...

Wondering Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment